Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Traditions


My husband and I are Christmas freaks. We love honoring Jesus' birth (he is the reason for the season), the anticipation leading up to the holiday, the many traditions and much needed family time. This season makes me feel like a kid again, everything somehow slows down and becomes magical.

 I am super excited this year as it is a very special one for us as we will be flying back to Scotland for Christmas to be with my family. Carl has never been to Edinburgh and I have not been home in three years not to mention we will meet our new niece, Alana who is 3 months old, celebrating my sister and her boyfriend engagement and hoping  for a white Christmas. We have been counting down the days (yes, I have an app on my phone) til we leave for home - 10 days to go.

On both sides of our families we have many Christmas traditions that Carl and I hold dear to. I wanted to share with you a few our most favourite ones:

We break the no tree before thanksgiving rule.
We cut down our own pine tree.
We watch all of Christmas movies we own starting Dec 1st. Buying a few more every year to add to next years list.
Cookie baking & decorating.
We go on a special Christmas date.
Hot cocoa & walk the neighborhood lights.
Go outdoor ice skating.
 Watch It's a wonderful life on Christmas Eve.
Candle light service/Christmas Eve midnight service.
Cinnamon rolls & Mimosas on Christmas morning.
My dad reads the Christmas story first thing on Christmas morning.
Walk after Christmas dinner.
Boxing day celebrations with extended family.
Go to the Pantomime.
Freeze are butts off at a rugby game.
What Christmas traditions do you have?

Merry Christmas Everyone.

No comments :

Post a Comment