Monday, January 12, 2015

My Bestest


Let me tell you about my best friend (dododododoooo)...

An unlikely match up yet we defied the odds and became "bests".
We knew of each other, had mutual friends, went to the same church and even worked together before finally it all came to a head when we both attend a group being were forced into a small space and became inseparable.

 She knows me through and through with our love for deep conversations, coffee, Jesus, hiking, donuts, beanies and of course our handsome men. We have been friends for over seven years seeing each through great adventures and celebrations as well as the tear-filled defeats life has thrown each of us, she was my 'chief' (maid of honor) in my wedding and is a vital key in our group of dear friends. Holding strong to our weekly coffee dates we would cosy up in the leather chairs at coffee bean with our cafe au laits on a 85 degree day pretending it's cold outside to giggle over cute boyfriend/husband texts, mull over and process disappoints, vent about how awful work had been that day and dream of what our futures held.

Her wisdom goes deep and her prospective on life challenges me to see things in new ways. She has the ability to ground you in overwhelming seasons. Her faith in God is undeniable as she lives it out loud in how she carries herself daily, she is a woman of valor. Don't get me started on how drop dead gorgeous she is with her big puppy eyes, dino teeth, meaningful tattoos, independent style and passionate heart.
Shes a babe.

 Today she embarks on a new adventure as she moves to Nashville to be closer to her rad man and begin a new chapter in their story together. Although I am so sad and aware that things will never be the same, I am more overwhelmed with feelings of joy and hopefulness for her as she is doing what her heart desires and ventures into fresh unknown opportunity's. I am proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone to go after what feels true and right. Everything in me says "this is good". 

Hold your glasses (mugs, bottles or whatever your choice) high and cheers to my wonderful best!

 I already miss you deeply but more than anything I am for you.

YOU are my bestest forever.


No comments :

Post a Comment