Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Paper Vow Airplanes

A continuation of our anniversary blog, I wanted to share with you a simple act we did that celebrated our love on a deeper personal level without fancy flowers, adventures, or expensive dinners. I love old traditions and the traditional first year anniversary gift is paper. So like many others when you want ideas you look on pintrest, I was trying to find some cool, creative ideas to use paper but everything was too cheesy or didn't feel like us. 

While I was driving to work in my sleepy early morning state last week I was racking my brain (I hadn't had my coffee yet) trying to combine paper with our wedding. On my route to work I pass the location where we took our wedding party photos, and as I looked up at the hillside like I do most days it hit me...lets fly paper airplanes off the top of the hill. I wanted to do something more meaningful, so I began thinking about writing down our dreams for our life together or our goals for the next year or maybe things we wanted to improve on yet none of them were hitting the spot. Carl and I had made the decision to write our own vows and read them to each other on our wedding day which scared the crap out me, I hate public speaking and being the center of attention (I know, I know it is our wedding of course we were the focal point). Each of us committed our hearts and lives to each other in those vows, making promises that are eternal, so duh why not 'renew' our vows to each other.


 We sat down and wrote out our vows on individual pieces of paper, Carl then taught me how to fold a 'good' airplane not your average basic one, jumped in the car and went to our spot to fly them off. I have to confess they didn't fly very well, mine went about ten feet then nosed dived into a bush on the hillside and Carl's did a loopty loop and fell not far from his feet so he had to do a redo. As simple of an act that it was, it will probably be one of my favorite memories in years to come when I look back on our early days of marriage.


Be creative. Be inspired. Be in love

No comments :

Post a Comment