Friday, November 14, 2014

Sister Sister Sister

 
************************************************** 
Francis Gillespie 

We are three sisters
Three sisters are we
I love each of you,
And I know you love me

We're not always together,
Life sometimes keeps us apart.
But we're never separated
We're in each others heart.

Now I know we've had our troubles,
But we always get thru.
The real message is you love me,
And I also love you.


We have had lots of good times
That we'll never forget
Sometimes we worry
And sometimes we fret

But if God ever gave me
Something special you see,
It might have been the blessing of,
Three sisters are we.

The Lord above has gave me lots
Of happiness and glee
But the most special thing he did was
Make us sisters, all three.

**************************************************
 
This poem touches something so deep inside me, the bond and sacredness of sisterhood. I am the youngest of three girls and we are as thick as thieves. I am so blessed to have an incredible relationship with these two. I know that if am I need of advice, a giggle, a listening ear, accountability, anything that they are there no matter what. We have lived together and we have lived in three different countries at times but no matter where we are we are constantly communicating via whastapp, email, facebook, instagram, facetime, skype, basically any form of social media or communication daily.

We had our bumps in the road growing up but who doesn't, siblings fight no big revelation and I don't know where in the timeline we switched from being sisters to best friends but I am so honored that they are mine. With a five and three year gap between us we have entered different stages of life, sometimes in a different order than you would think whether it was university, traveling, marriage, or parenthood but we are always right there to support, encourage and celebrate one another. This is key, the secret...selflessness, we are always putting each other before ourselves. Every member of my family serves each other, celebrates the wins, commiserates in the lows, supports one another and is always willing to be together at a drop of a hat. Selflessness is love and we love wholeheartedly for each other all the time.

  From the outside looking in we are the weirdest, silliest, and ridiculous lot when we are together having an undeniable bond that no name change or distance could break. We are the 'Hart girls' or what we like to call 'the originals' as we are lucky to have welcomed David, Aiden, Alana, Neil and Carl into our beloved family.


Rebecca, is my eldest sister, wife to David and mama to the handsome Aiden and beautiful newest member of our family Alana. She is gorgeous, wise beyond belief, takes on every new challenge with patience and confidence, master of multitasking and always the first to help when anyone is in need. She inspires me to be the best me there is, the real me not what I want to project but who God has created me to be.

Kari, my middle sister. She is one of the most selfless, caring, compassionate people I have ever known, and lives life to its absolute fullest. She is bold, beautiful, full of unending talent and wears her heart on her sleeve, her love is bigger than this world. She inspires me to be a big risk taker, she adventures into the unknown and ALWAYS comes out on top. 

Sometimes it is hard for me to live in a different country knowing they are all together but this is my adventure and maybe one day it will lead me back home. For now I get the privilege of building my life with Carl in California with our first trip traveling home together this Christmas for two weeks to show Carl my old stopping grounds and enjoy some much needed and always wanted family time.

I am truly blessed and transformed by these two women. Thank you for being the best sisters in the world.  
We are three!


No comments :

Post a Comment