Friday, October 17, 2014

These are a few of my favourite things

We all have those few favourite products that we can't live without. Personally I am not a big fan of a lot of products in my hair and prefer a more natural make-up look which is why I really only have a few favourites but they are seriously the greatest finds for me.

1. Lucas' Papaw - This is an Australian ointment that my sister turned me on to. While she lived in Sydney she discovered paw paw, I use it as a chap stick but it has many uses burns, nappy rash (diaper rash for the Americans), cuts, and dry skin. Its a miracle in a tube.

2. Wet Brush- If you have hair that gets tangled easily or it's super thick or get knots this is the dream product. The wet brush can get smooth out your hair no problem (without the yanks and shrieks). I have thick hair and immediately brush out my hair after stepping out of the shower, no pain, no fuss and best of all it is so inexpensive.

3. Boots Coconut & Almond oil leave in conditioner sprayFirst of all it smells so good! I have used this for years, I know some people are scared it will make your hair oil but it most definitely does not. Every time I would go home to Edinburgh I would stock up and bring home a suitcase full but Target just started carrying some of the boots line and I am hoping this gem will pop up on the shelf soon. It moisturizes leaving you with smooth, soft and tangle free hair.

4. Johnson's baby powderWe all know this product very well, some actually use it on your babies but I use it in my hair when my roots are starting to get a little greasy. It absorbs the oil and makes my hair look fresh! You can buy this product literally anywhere.

5. Maybelline Fit Me Powder- I never knew that you need to set your foundation with powder, why did no-one tell me? My makeup now lasts longer and looks so much smoother and even toned. I do use the Maybelline Fit Me foundation as well, but this product "fits me perfectly".

6. Bedhead curling wand- I recently cut my hair short into an long aline style and quickly discovered my curling iron was not going be an use. My hairstylist and amazing friend answered my question on what size   would make my hair get a wavy curl in it. I went with the one inch wand and it's perfect. 

7. Aveeno- This is such a good moisturizer for your whole body from top to bottom. It absorbs quickly, , smells good (not overly scented) and keeps my skin hydrated for a couple of days before reapplying. I swear by this stuff.

8. Essie - The nail polishes of nail polishes!! First of all they have the most amusing names (I want that persons job who gets to name colours).They have a wide range of colors and they last for a long time. My favourite colour is 'Butler please'.

See ya!

No comments :

Post a Comment