Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Wifey Life

Sometime last week while cooking a yummy dinner I blurted out loud "I'm killing it as a wife this week!!". I didn't mean to sound so arrogant. Let me rewind, Carl had caught my cold from the previous week and bless him he had no sick time left so he had to work through it coming home exhausted each night. I made him rest, take essential oils, drink echinacea tea, take vitamin C, drink lots of water and in bed by 9pm (he gets up at 5.30am). We had just gotten back from grocery shopping and I was cooking dinner, I started running through the list of things that needed to be done around the house, errands and social engagements coming up, when I realized I was ahead of the game;

Grocery run - done
Laundry - done
Washing up - done
Housework - done
Monthly budget - done
Meal planning - done
Taken care of sick husband - done
Birthday celebration plans - done
DMV appointment - done
Documents ready for USCIS interview - done
Worked out - done
Bake yummy goods - done

For the recipe click here

That's when I blurted out my big headed statement that I was a self acclaimed rad wife. What is funny is that I don't usually have it this together. I am always trying to get a million little things done at once and without fail end up forgetting to do that one important errand. Lately we have had a very full social calendar of weddings, birthdays, memorials, weekends away, baby showers and so on that is why I am was so proud of myself this week.

The wife life is definitely different than the girlfriend life. It is more house work, cooking and keeping track of social events for the both of us. I genuinely enjoy it, it weirdly makes me feel like more of a woman. Even though he is more than capable of doing all those things on the list above (and he does), he works really hard putting in a lot of hours at work and his job demands that he pays constant attention to small details. I love to serve him and it is so simple of an act to do.

Every women reads Proverbs 31 and woah did it make me feel insecure and inept as a single woman. Now that I have someone other than myself to care for I actually feel like I have a fighting chance to be that woman. I want to empower women to be the woman and wife God intended us to be, to serve God and their husbands in every aspect of their lives. Being a Proverbs 31 woman is not about being “perfect.” A woman who serves her husband and her family will never look perfect or be perfect but we can try our hardest to do whatever we can.

Husbands- don't think this lets you off the hook! We still need help, so be the loving husband we adore and help us when we ask for it or surprise us from time to time.

(Sheinside -  Top / Hume - His Top)

I adore being a wife and I hope you do to!




No comments :

Post a Comment